EAST and WEST ROUNTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on the 8 December 2008 at 7.30PM
Present: Cllr D Lawton: Chairman. Cllr A Simpson : Vice Chairman. Cllr C Spencer, Cllr M Brown, Cllr M Brook, Clerk Mr G March. County Cllr T Swales (part meeting) and six members of the public.
32 Apologies for absence District Cllr B Fortune.
33. Chairmans Announcements / Declarations of
(a) There were no declarations of interest.
(b) After twenty years of service to the local community the Chairman announced his intention to stand down both as Head of the Council and as a local Parish Councillor with immediate effect .In his final report to the Council he congratulated Appleton Wiske on its continued success in the Villages in Bloom Competition and also the Roots Farm Shop following its recent launch as a new rural business.
34. Minutes of the last meeting held 8 September 2008.
The minutes of the meeting held on the 8 September , copies of which had previously been circulated to members were confirmed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
35. Matters Arising.
Item 26. The Chairman had met with the Community Link Officer at Hambleton District Council and a provisional offer of financial and other assistance had given to the Parish Council towards the production of a Parish Plan. Examples of some other recently completed plans had been forwarded to the Clerk and would be considered by the members in due course.
Item28. The Parish Council `s application to the Yorkshire Training Agency for a bursary towards the cost of the Working with your Council training package had been accepted. The Parish Council`s contribution to the costs had ,however been increased to £50.00.
Item30. A letter concerning the poor condition of some of the carved script on the East Rounton War memorial had been sent to the Bell Estate at Arncliffe Hall and a response was awaited.
36. Planning Matters (annex A ) The Council noted the position regarding the planning applications listed 1-8 in annex A.
37. Financial Statement and accounts for payment (annex B ) The Council Received the financial statement for the third quarter 2008/9 and approved the accounts for payment as laid out in annex B.
38. Correspondence Received Since Last Meeting (annex C) The Council noted the correspondence received since the last meeting ,in particular, the Hambleton District Council Community plan and Corporate Plan. Also the North Yorkshire County Council Strategy for Local Communities document.
39. Final Accounts 2007/8 and External Audit Report. The external audit report had not as yet been returned and consequently, this item was deferred until the next meeting.
40. Draft Revenue Estimates 2009/10 and proposed Parish Council Precept (annex D ). The Council Approved the draft revenue estimates as detailed in annex d and a proposed Council precept of £900.00 for the 2009/10 financial year.
41 . Freedom of Information Act : Model Publication Scheme and Schedule of Charges. The Council Resolved to adopt the Model publication scheme as prepared by the Information Commissioners Office and the Clerk was Authorised to complete the guide to information available and schedule of charges for publication.
42. Adjournment for members of the Public to raise matters. A member of the public queried the provision of salt grit bins at the new A19 flyover slip roads where difficulties could be expected during icy weather conditions. This issue had already been drawn to the attention of the County Council and the roads had been included in the priority A road gritting programme for treatment between 4.30am and 7.30 am each day when appropriate.
43. Any other Business. Councillor Brooks drew attention to the unauthorised directional signs which had been installed at East Rounton . These signs were the subject of discussions between the County Council and business interests in Welbury. It is anticipated that a new County Council road sign will be provided and the unauthorised signs removed in the near future. Councillor Brooks also expressed concern about local residents driving too fast through the Villages and about unsightly litter / bottles been left in local hedgerows. It was suggested that an entry in the monthly Church Gazette might assist to deter future incidents.
Date and Time of next meeting. Monday 9th March at 7.30PM.